- Can I participate in a platform?
- Who should I contact with further questions about the knowledge platforms?
- What happens to the results of research and knowledge exchange?
- Isn’t there already enough research?
- What do the knowledge platforms do in practice?
- How are the platforms structured?
- How is the research conducted?
How are the platforms structured?
On the knowledge platforms, researchers from the Netherlands and developing countries work together with companies, NGOs and the government from the start. Each platform has a small steering group of platform members, which ensures that the platform performs its roles and tasks as mutually agreed. The success of the platform and the funding of the research are the responsibility of all participants. All platforms build up a virtual network to disseminate knowledge and identify research questions. Each one has a secretariat that is located outside the ministry. The secretariats are responsible for the daily activities of the platforms and act as the first point of contact.