- Can I participate in a platform?
- Who should I contact with further questions about the knowledge platforms?
- What happens to the results of research and knowledge exchange?
- Isn’t there already enough research?
- What do the knowledge platforms do in practice?
- How are the platforms structured?
- How is the research conducted?
What is the role of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the embassies?
The ministry took the initiative to set up the knowledge platforms and is responsible for funding and coordinating them. Each of the five platforms has a facilitator within the ministry who is responsible for the theme concerned. The facilitators ensure continual coordination between the steering groups, the platform secretariats and NWO/WOTRO. The aim is for the knowledge platforms to become independently operating networks in which the Dutch government is only one of the partners. The embassies can play a role in bringing together relevant actors, including NGOs, companies and knowledge institutes.